I have not always been an acupuncturist. I used to be a Cultural Social Worker, also known as a Bachelor of Social Work or Cultural Social Entrepreneur. There, I supervised and connected volunteers and organizations, set up neighborhood rooms to promote social cohesion and independence. And thus fulfilled a pivotal role between society and legislation and regulations.
Before I ended up in Social Work, I worked with Reiki and psychometrics, among others. Something that is even more incomprehensible to most people than the Qi (energy) that Chinese medicine is talking about. At one point I wanted more hands in the earth and feet on the ground, something that was scientifically substantiated and still connected close to me. Open and honest, sensitive and subtle, practical and decisive, technical and in-depth, unbiased and leading.
Admittedly, I also found Kung Fu in my youth with what those old men with long gray goatees, needles and weird looking posions did to patch up fighters after a match (such as my hero Bruce Lee), very interesting.
In 2009, in addition to my Social Work job, I went to study integration medicine at the Hwa To International University of TCM. An evidence-based study combination of Western and Chinese medicine. A study where people as a whole are seen and approached, where not only the complaint but also the person is treated with substantiated theory and a lot of internship taught by teachers who have been in the profession for more than 30 years. And that was just the beginning of my passion for the profession that I practice fulltime to this day.
No acupuncture needles in your pocket is like a heart without a heartbeat. For deepening and in-service training, I regularly travel to Taiwan, among other places, after which I implement the acquired knowledge in my practice in Leiden.
Because I am an acupuncturist affiliated with the professional association Zhong and my treatments are (partly) reimbursed by most health insurers, I am obliged to have qualitative and substantive (CPION) refresher courses for both Chinese medicine and Western medicine. Personally, I find that absolutely no punishment 🙂
Below is an overview of education and further training that I have done.
- Master Tung certification master program, Exit Exam, Elotus (USA)
- Physical Examination – MD Toine Korthout (NL), 1 day Vaccinations – Martien Brands (NL), 1 day
- 3 Practical Approaches of Cosmetic Acupuncture – Seung Choi (CH)
- Acupuncture and Stem Cells: A New Way of Treating Pain – Regan Archibald (USA) 2 days
- 3 Successful Acupuncture Tips from the Nei Jing to Boost Effectiveness – Nadine Shozuya (USA / CH) 1day
- Cardiovascular Success with TCM – Jake Fratkin (USA) 1 day
- Cancer Support Therapies with Chinese Medicine – Daisy Dong (USA) 2 days Bob Doane’s Distal Needling Acupuncture (DNA) for the Collection Formulas – Bob Doane (USA) 2 days
- Five element Qi Gong from Mount Wudang – Kedi Pan (CH), 2 days
- Migraine Relief: Auriculotherapy and Balance Method – Roshelle K. LeVa (USA) 1 day
- Access Bars – Access Conciousness – Paul de Leeuw (NL) 2 days
Henry McCann (USA)
- Master Tung’s Acupuncture: Top 20 Points for Immediate Result, 1 day
- Master Tung’s Bloodletting Therapy, 1 day Fast Pain Relief with Tung’s Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs, Part I, 2 days
- Integrating The Classics with Tung’s Acupuncture, 1 day
- Tung’s Acupuncture for Internal Medicine, 1 day
Brad Whisnant (USA)
- Essential Tung’s Acupuncture: Points and Locations, 1 day
- Essential Tung’s Acupuncture: Real World Applications, 1 day
- Essential Tung’s Acupuncture: Clinical Strategies for Treating Pain, 1 day
- Master Tung’s Acupuncture For Pregnancy: Before, During & After, 1 day
- Master Tungs Indications for TCM Points, 1 day Master Tung’s Points for the Collection Formulas, Part I 2 days
- Strong Sexual Performance for Men, 1 day Top 10 Master Tungs Dao Ma Points, 1 day
Susan Johnson (USA)
- Master Tung’s Essential Points for Pain, 1 day Master Tung’s Points for
- Headache, Migraine, Neck Pain, and TMJ, 1 day
Chuan-Min Wang (TW)
- Top 30 Master Tung Points & Their Clinical Indications, 1 day
- Master Tung’s Unique Points for Female Conditions, 1 day
- Master Tung’s Acupuncture: Five Vocal System, 1 day
- Master Tung’s Five Vocal System: Clinical Case Studies, 1 day
Jeffrey Russell (USA)
- Comprehensive Examination and Treatment or TCM Internal Disorders, 1 day
- Master Tung’s Acupuncture for Neck Pain, 1 day
- Skin Diseases: Pulse, Auricular, Herbs, & Acupuncture, 1 day
Robert Chu (USA)
- Acupuncture and Herbal Treatment or Pain Using Master Tungs Points, 1 day
- Acupuncture and Herbal Treatments or Modern Disorders, 1 day
- Allergies, Autoimmune and Cancer Tx Side Effects, 1 day
- Master Tung’s Points for Sport Injuries, 2 days
- Master Tung’s Acupuncture for Female Disorders, 1 day
- Master Tung’s Acupuncture for Male Disorders, 1 day
- Master Tung’s Essential Acupuncture, 1 day
- Tackling Sports Medicine with Tung Points, 1 day
Esther Su (USA)
- Advanced Tungs Acupuncture: Internal Medicine, 4 days
- The subtle cup, how to treat defeciency and coldness with cupping – Bruce Bentley (AUS). 1 day
- Advanced Distal Needling Acupuncture (DNA) – Robert Doane (USA), 1 day
- Advanced Distal Needling Acupuncture for treatment of pain – Robert Doane (USA), 1 day
- Practicum Technique Training or Must Learn Tung points – Wei-Chieh Young (USA), 1 day
- Unlock the ancient treasures of the five shu points – Wei-Chieh Young (USA), 1 day
- Balance techniques Tan – Pistorius Begga (NL) 2 days
- Scalp Acupuncture – Suzanne Rubidoux (CAN / CH), 2 days
- Yuan Qi Classical Acupuncture – Suzanne Rubidoux (CAN / CH), 3 days
- Abdominal Ba Gua Acupuncture – Tonifying Yuan Qi, balancing the Zang Fu and Harmonizing the Emotions – Tuvia Scott (IL), 1 day
- Scar Tissie Technique – Phil Strong (AUS), 1 day
- Treating Internal Adhesions following Abdominal Surgery Including Laparoscopic Surgery – Phil Strong (AUS), 1 day
- Moxa for Life. Clinical Moxa technique for saving life – Suzanne Robidoux (CAN / CH), 1 day
- Neijing Classical Acupuncture. History and theory – Edward Neal (USA), 1 day
- The Best of Master Tung Magic Points Course, Susan Johnson, 3 days
- Using Acupuncture for Post Cancer Treatment Rehabilitation – Beverley de Valois (UK), 1 day
- An Indepth and Insightful Journey on the Qi Jing Ba Mai. Regulate the Shen and Enhance Athletic / Sporting Performance – David Hartmann (AUS), 1 day
- Healing eyes natural way. Sacred Turtle Map and Abdominal Acupuncture – Grace Tan (USA), 1 day
- Palpitation based acupuncture in oncology – David Euler (USA), 1 day
- Fire Dragon Meridian Qi Gon – Zhongxian Wu (SW), 1 day
2014 Richard Tan (USA)
- Balance Method: Dr. Tan’s Approach to Treating Female Disorders, 1 day
- Dr. Tan’s Balance Method for Trauma and Sports Injuries, 1 day
- Balance Method: Dr. Tan’s Approach to Conquering Stress, Insomnia, and Depression, 1 day
2012 Introduction Cranio Sacraal. Hwa To International University of TCM
2011 – present. Heart Qi Gong at Tai Ji Men Qi Gong Academy, Taiwan.
2010 Quantum Cybernetics Academy. Tachopuncture, 8 ancient keys to the source by Andreas Jell.
2010 Traditional Medicine Taiwanese Culture and Art at Yang Ming University in Taipei
2009 – 2014 integration medicine Hwa To International University of TCM. A study with Evidenced based Chinese medicine with Western medicine and 1200 hours of internship.
Other training, education, workshops:
2012 – 2013 Movisie. Train the trainer of Movisie for Social Work professionals in coaching residents’ initiatives in entrepreneurial work.
2012 Traditional Chinese language at the Taipei School The Hague.
2011 Nederlandse Organisties Vrijwilligers. Guiding or advising on the quality trajectory around volunteering in organizations.
2010 Kracht Lokaal. Methodology development in organization support and implementation at volunteer organizations.
2009 Nederlandse Organisties Vrijwilligers . Social Security Advisor for volunteer organizations.
2009 Psychometrics, Praktijk Noordwijk by Els Lubbe
2008 Reconnective Healing. Level 1, 2 and 3 by Eric Pearl
2008 Kundalini Reiki, level 1, 2 and Master, Praktijk Noordwijk by Els Lubbe
2008 Christopher Howard NLP
2008 Usiu Reiki level 2 and Master by Kerstin van Wijk
2007 Quantum Touch level 1, 2 and 3 by Tonny Mathijssen
2007 Usiu Reiki, level 1, Praktijk Noordwijk by Els Lubbe
2003 Eight Golden Brucades Qi Gong by Rob Katrina (AUS)
2000 – 2004 Leiden University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Leiden). Bachelor of Social Work. Cultural Social Education